/*---------- GOOGLE Meta Tag ----------*/

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Mr. & Ms. Mo

Alright so this pair of nameless percula clown's finally got a name. I think its quite cliche to name clowns as Nemo but I guess after that motion picture, that name's kinda stuck to anyone trying to name a clown. I tried avoidng that, thinking of a better name and so after referring to them as the MOs, and since the previous owner wasn't too keen to give them a name, I shall call them Mister and Miss Mo! Not all that cliche after all eh?.
Percula clowns are i think bisexual? Or is there a more appropriate scientific term for exhibiting sex changing behaviour? In single sex environments, percula clowns can change their sex in order to procreate.
When I started naming my fish, people asked me how do i tell them apart cos they all look the same! well maybe not that obvious in these pictures but you can tell them apart by the fins. In the top most picture you see Mr. Mo on top with a darker black rim on the top fin and Ms. Mo has a paler fin in comparison.

This is the first time I spent so much time taking pictures of what's in my tank. I must say this SLR does really make a difference comparing to the other pictures I took. Someone commented that me recongizing my fish is pretty obsessive but not so I feel. Unless I can idenify fish in a bunch of anchovies, now that's CRAZY!

So what can be expected in the coming months. Exams are here and its going to be a hectic next 2 weeks. I have two topics I wish to blog about. First is about tackling the nitrate problem. Gonna start on that tomorrow. Also you guys know that this tank setup is relatively new and so I haven't really bought anything. However there's just an amazing amount of unvited, mysterious, some welcomed and some unwelcomed lifeforms flourishing in the deep blue sea in my HDB and i plan to shed more light on them in a series of blogs. Check back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home