/*---------- GOOGLE Meta Tag ----------*/

Friday, November 17, 2006

No pain no gain!

Its been a series of bad things. the coral and then the algae, and then the broken UV filter. So today I did something drastic. I had a major cleaning operation. Took all the rocks out, gave them a good scrub, did water change and got myself very tired but happy. So here's the series of events.

1. Bought 20L of sea water
2. Turned off all filtration
3. Removed all rocks
4. Cleaned up the filter and protein skimmer
5. Scrub the rocks that needed scrubbing
6. Tank debris had settled by now so siphoned it all up
7. Re-arrange rocks into the half filled aqaurium
8. Top up water
9. Get all system equipment up and running again
10. Mop up the mess!

I usually like to do such big operations when mum is not around, but today the operation took too long and so she came back from work to see all that mess. Surprisingly she didn't say anything, just past me extra rags to help with the mopping up. Dad told me that I'm a very lucky boy cos mum says nothing about my fish. The last time dad kept a fish, ONE fish, he claimed that mummy nagged him for 3 years!

Pictures of the tank? Take it as a lil suspense, I'll get one up tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home