/*---------- GOOGLE Meta Tag ----------*/

Monday, December 25, 2006

Bio Diversity!

If you ask people who have pets what do they keep? oh i have 2 dogs. I have a cat. I've got a couple of guppies. Would you actually believe me if i told you that I have an entire eco-system teaming with life here in The Deep Blue Sea in my HDB?

Here's what's living inside...
Row 1: Crocea clam, orange mushroom, white mushroom
Row 2: Softcorals cauliflowers, similar speicies, different coloration, button mushrooms
Row 3: another mushroom, & another mushroom, hammer coral
Row 4: mushrooms again, trumpet coral, zoas
Row 5: zoas, sun corals, cleaner shrimp
There are other creatures too illusive to capture with the cam...
1. sexy shrimp
2. false percula clown anemone fish
3. sailfin tang
4. copepods
5. worms
6. shell fishes
7. tube worms
That alone sums up to 15 + 7 = 22 types of organisms inside the aquarium. I have not accounted for the actual number of each of these species. Take for example, I estimate that there are thousands of copepods living inside. no less then 10 worms, 15 tube worms, 3 shell fishes. I've not even started to count the number of coral colonies. There are also different species of algae growing in there. You can imagine wassup at the Deep Blue Sea in my HDB!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home